Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Weigh~In Wednesday

Like most of the people I know, I've fought my weight for what seems, like FOREVER.  Each year, my "normal weight" is just a little higher than the year before.  And I've noticed as I age, my body carries that weight differently.  At 47, it is really unflattering to have the muffin-top thing going on.

Tired of battling it by myself and looking for something, anything to help get me going, I recently joined At Home With Kim's Weigh~In Wednesday group.  I've been a follower of Kim's blog for a while and always enjoyed her posts.  I could always relate to her and her WIW posts.  But I always kind of hung in the background and didn't really participate.  I'd read her posts nearly every week, and occasionally I'd comment but never a real commitment.  That has changed!

At the first of the year, the WIW Group started to take off, and Kim created a WIW FB Group.  I love this group!  I love the accountability and the ideas that come from being part of this group.  Everyone is so good about cheering each other on, providing encouragement and even sharing recipes! I love that I am reminded of the weight loss basics on a regular basis (eat less, move more).

No more lurking in the shadows waiting for the magical weight fairy to rid me of my excess weight.  I am committed to this group and I am committed to achieving the weight loss and healthy goals I have set for myself this year.  The buck stops here and the trends end now.  I'm excited about what 2013 will bring!

So with this new commitment, I've lost 2.6 pounds this week.  Not a staggering loss, I realize, but I will take every ounce of it.  I follow WW online program, and it is amazing what happens when you actually follow the plan!

Thanks Kim, for YOUR commitment to this group.  I know we can all do this together!

Linking up to:

8 comments:

  1. We CAN do this together! There is power in numbers - larger ones for prayer and accountability, and smaller ones on the scale! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! We CAN! Thanks for being the first visitor EVER to my blog!

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm so glad you aren't lurking anymore and are a part of our group!!! AND I'm THRILLED you are blogging this journey. This group and the community around WIW is such a gift and I'm so happy you are a part of it!! Thanks for all your encouragement and participation. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, it feels good to no longer be a lurker! But I may be calling you for technical support! Thank you for starting this group. I can't tell you what a difference it makes for me!

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging! As a 47 year old muffin top myself, I know the struggles. But we are in this together. So thankful for Kim's group and for meeting some wonderful new people. Let's continue to encourage one another along this journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in this together Barbie. So thankful to have you all in my life!

      Delete
  4. Hello! I am coming over from the WIW link up. I love how you said "the buck stops here and the trends end now"! What a motto! :) And 2.6 for a loss is AWESOME!!!! I hope to be part of the Wednesday link ups and can share in the victories of your journey! 2013 is totally going to be an awesome year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are no longer lurking but are joining in. I am so thankful for this group too. Let's get rid of those muffin tops together!

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete