Sunday, January 20, 2013

Why Red River Crossings?

Why?  I don't know.  Except that I spend a lot of time burning up the highways between the Oklahoma side of Lake Texoma and the Dallas, TX area.  ALOT.  It's not so bad.  I used to drive between Oklahoma City and Dallas.  It is less of a drive now than it was then.  Yes, I am solely responsible for the wear and tear, and construction on Interstate 35 for the last several years.

Rad (my husband) and I have been married just a couple of short years.  Prior to meeting, I lived in the Dallas area and he lived near Oklahoma City.  After meeting up on week-ends, vacations and whenever else we could find time together, I moved to Oklahoma City.  His son had two years of high school left.  The plan was to sell the house in Oklahoma once he graduated, and we would move to the Dallas area, into the home I still owned.

And then he tricked me.  Rad had a cabin at Lake Texoma that his grandparents had built years ago.  We spent alot of week-ends there.  It was a great meeting point for us.  Not quite in the middle, but close.


We have since built a new home on the lake, which is within walking distance of the cabin.  We love living here.  I work for a company in the Dallas area.  I work from home the majority of the time, but am in the office about eight days a month.

And that's why I'm crossing the Red River.

My hope is this blog will become a common ground for all of the things I love to do like quilting, cooking, and fun at the lake.


Welcome!
Liane

2 comments:

  1. Your home is beautiful! AND I love the story of how you named your blog. SO glad you've started this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is just beautiful!! I love how you came up with the name - Kim said everything I wanted to say!! LOL

    ReplyDelete