Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Living Large at the Lake {WIW}

Good morning and happy Wednesday! It's been a busy time at the Lake! We live on Lake Texoma. The Red River divides Texas and Oklahoma and it dumps into this very large lake. We live on the Oklahoma side, but in the fall when the trees are bare I can see Texas from my upstairs window. During the summer we get lots of visitors. We jet ski and boat and EAT!
Two week-ends ago we had friends visiting and last week-end my dad, his friend and my sister. When we have guests we like to show them a good time, and feed them well. This typically involves big breakfasts with unhealthy options, big dinners, desserts, and yes, wine. That's what we did two week-ends ago. I took a different approach last week-end and it worked!

For breakfasts we had cereal and toast, a egg scramble with veggies, part egg whites and turkey sausage with wheat toast (no biscuits here!), and the last morning we had overnight oats (minus the pecans).   

For dinner we had Pioneer Woman's Spicy Pulled Pork (made with diet Dr. Pepper) and I tried  these awesome Broccoli and Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes.  I also tried Skinny Taste's Southwestern Black Bean Salad.  It was AWESOME!

 


And you know what?  We had a great visit even without the heavy food! The meals were GREAT!  We did have drinks available for our guests, but I had only one each day.  I know wine or a good dirty martini are a big part of my calorie problem.  I LOVE  a good glass of wine (or two) at the end of the day.  But I am making a serious effort to curb my intake to avoid those extra calories.

Lastly, I am tracking my tracking, so to speak.  I think this is really helping.  My goals were water, tracking my points, exercise 4x a week and blogging to keep myself honest.  As you can see, I do great during the week, but I falter on the week-ends.  Although I was better on the week-end and ate pretty well, I didn't keep track of anything.


It paid off!  I lost 4.6 pounds this week!  I know it seems like a lot, but I was weighting heavy at the beginning of the week, so the loss looks larger, but I'll take it!  It reminds me if you just do the things you are supposed to do the weight loss will come.

This week my goal is to track my points through the week-end and get the 4 days of exercise in.  Wish me luck!

How was your week?

Linking up at Kim's Weigh in Wednesday

3 comments:

  1. WHOO-HOOO! Looks like the tracking is helping and kudos to you on your commitment even with guests! Sounds like you feed them WELL and WELL! :) Congrats on the weight loss and hope you have another awesome week working towards your goals!

    P.S. Looks like you live in a BEAUTIFUL area! I can see why you have lots of visitors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Liane! And with guests to boot; wow. First of all, I have to say how cool that you get to live where you do. When my hubby and I first got married we had a boat and loved to water ski. It's been a long time though since we've done that. But what fun memories. I love that you incorporated healthy eating into your weekend entertaining. I'm going to link to those recipes. I always love finding new ones to try. Thanks for that.

    So glad we can encourage one another.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do really well when life is "normal".... but fall apart when things start to go awry or off track. So I am super impressed with you for doing so well with guests! YOU GO!!!! Congrats on the weight loss Friend! Keep it up!!!!! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete