Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The New Normal {WIW}

After completing the the Whole 30 program during the month of August, I find myself trying to find my new normal.  I know that I can't/won't resume my old eating habits.  What modifications do I make so I have a long term plan I can live with?  I know I need to add enough foods back into my diet so that I can continue this long term.  I know from history if I completely deprive myself of everything, I won't stick with it.  But I also know I'm not adding back in grains, sugars and things like that.

The day will come when I can not resist a cupcake or some other treat.  On that day, I'm hoping I can indulge in that one treat and resume my "new normal" eating habits.  I'm hoping a little bit of sugar wont' knock me totally off balance.

I ran across an older post at EverydayMaven, entitled "Thoughts on Weight Watchers and Paleo and if they intersect…"   Alyssa's comments really hit home for me.  I'm having trouble defining what my new normal is, let alone what to call it. I wouldn't say it is Paleo, and definitely not as strict as Whole 30.  I followed Weight Watchers for a long time and the plan is always looming in the back of my mind.  Old habits die hard.  I guess I need to just avoid the labels and eat the cleanest I can and enjoy my Whole Foods eating.

I continue to lose weight, albeit a little more slowly than I did during the Whole 30.  I know if I would add in consistent exercise, I would probably boost the weight loss.  We do walk every day.  Right now I'm babying my right shoulder due to some issues I have been having with it and a recent cortisone shot--  so I am really reluctant to do anything that involves my arms or shoulders.

We've been trying lots of new recipes.  This week, we tried a new Minestrone Soup recipe from Our Paleo Life.  It was Fantastic!!!  I used a spicy Italian, pork sausage, and also added in green beans.  This soup has great flavor and is filling--you'll never miss the pasta.  My hubs loved it too!  I'll leave you with the fantastic taco salads we had last night.  You'll never miss the cheese!

Spicy Taco Salad



I'm linking up with Kim of Just for Clicks for Weigh-In Wednesday.



Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean.... when you get in a good groove with eating -- you just wait for that moment when you pig out on something you shouldn't and then it's all too easy to fall into the old habits. I think it helps me to say I'm moving forward and if I take a step back it's ok as long as I keep moving forward. Thanks so much for sharing and for linking up! The taco salad looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Master Cleanse, also known as The Lemonade Diet, is a popular liquid detox diet for rapid weight loss that involves consuming a lemonade mixture with maple syrup and cayenne pepper. It has been used for decades by many, including celebrities like Beyonce, but it's essential to approach it with caution and consult a healthcare professional for guidance. Learn about Zotrim here

    ReplyDelete