Sunday, September 8, 2013

Tula Pink 'City Sampler' Sew Along

I fell in love with Tula Pink's new City Sampler book that came out earlier this spring. I ordered the book and then drooled over the blocks for a few months. Then I found Sew Sweetness's sew along and knew I needed to join in. In the sew along, they tackle three blocks a week. So I jumped in even though, they are already on block 43. I figure, though, if I can keep pace through the end of the year, my blocks will be about 60% complete. These cute little blocks are only 6" so they use small bits of fabric. I've got a lot of great colorful scraps, but some of the blocks would be soooo much better served using Tula's own fabrics. I located the City Sampler Starter Kit which is a great jump start for these blocks! (Ok, I also ordered Tula's Aurifil thread!)

So here they are:
Block 43
Block 44
Block 45

I am loving these blocks and I'm hoping the sew along will help keep me on track to complete a few blocks (or more) a week!

Sew Sweetness

No comments:

Post a Comment